Finding the right home staging expert is essential to selling your house. An expert can help you identify what needs to be done to get your home ready for sale and show potential buyers that they’re getting more than just a place to live — they’re buying into a lifestyle. But many different home staging Sydney experts offer a wide variety of services. How do you know which one is right for you? We’ve compiled some tips on how to find the best professional for your project:
You know what they say. It takes a village. It is true to find the right home staging expert for you. There are several ways of doing this:
- Ask your friends, family and colleagues for recommendations. If they have had a great experience with an interior designer or home stager, that’s who you should use!
- Ask your real estate agent for referrals. They will often be able to point out which companies are best at what they do and can even make sure their work meets the demands of their clients (i.e. if your listing agent recommends someone but then finds out that company isn’t as professional as expected).
- Contact other professionals in fields related to real estate (i.e., interior designers) who may have been referred by past clients or heard about them from other sources such as other agents in town who have used them before themselves!
Ask for referrals.
When finding the best home staging expert, many homeowners ask their friends and family for referrals. It is an excellent place to start, but you should also speak with your real estate agent and ask them to recommend a few home staging experts they trust. In addition, you can consult your local chamber of commerce to find out which home stagers have successfully sold houses in the area that are similar to yours.
The next step
Make contact with these professionals (you may even want to consider bringing them into your house for an initial consultation). Once you’ve narrowed down the field of potential candidates, ask them questions about their experience with other clients like yourself—their knowledge base should be broad enough that they won’t hesitate when answering such queries.
Get a portfolio.
A portfolio is a collection of past projects. When you find a house staging Sydney expert, ask to see their portfolio. It will give you an idea of the types of homes they have staged and the style they use. Ask to see photos or videos of several different homes they have produced, similar to your own and not so much. The more options you have, the better you can find someone with experience with your type of house and budget.
Know what you’re paying for.
- You should know what you’re paying for. Before hiring a stager, ensure the person or company will provide the services that fit your needs. Get a quote from the stage and ensure it includes all the details of their work.
- Make sure you know what services you’re getting from the home staging expert. If there’s something that doesn’t seem right or isn’t included in your quote, ask questions until you have an understanding of precisely what they will do to help sell your home and how long it might take them to do so—and then decide whether those things are worth paying extra for or not (if they’re not).
- Make sure there aren’t any parts of their job description that may be missing based on how much money is being spent on this service alone—for example: “I’ll stage my house. So it looks good; then we’ll put it on Zillow.” In this case, no one ever said anything about advertising online!
Identify your style, and make sure the home staging expert knows it too.
The first step in finding a suitable home staging expert is identifying your style. The best place to start is by looking at your favourite spaces in the world and within your home. What do you like about them? What elements do they have in common? Take some time to consider these questions, then write the answers in detail. You may not have all the answers right away, but with some time and thought, most people can develop a general sense of their style preferences.
Set a budget — and stick to it!
Home stylist Sydney will give you an estimate for their services, but that’s just an estimate. If you’re looking at quotes from different professionals and find one significantly higher than the others, ask yourself why. Is this expert better? Or do they charge more? Don’t go over your budget! Be sure to negotiate when necessary — but never be afraid to walk away if a deal feels too good to be true or doesn’t feel suitable for your needs and goals. Also, remember that there are plenty of low-cost alternatives available. If you have limited cash flow during the beginning stages of owning a home: For example, there are many ways that homeowners can stage their own homes (see “How To Stage Your Own Home” below).
Check their plan before signing the contract.
Before signing the dotted line, you must be sure about your home stager’s plan. At this point in the process, you should have a good idea of your home and what kind of results you hope to achieve.
- Have they created a plan that is tailored to your needs?
- Does the plan take into account any special features or requirements of yours?
- Is their plan realistic given your budget?
- Do they have experience staging homes like yours? If not, how will they add value if they don’t understand the nuances of staging in your particular market?
Find the right home staging expert, and they can help your home sell in no time!
A good way to choose is by asking yourself: What do you want to achieve? Do you want to get your house ready for sale, but don’t know how to go about it? Do you need professional advice on what colors will be most attractive in each room of your home? If so, hiring a reputable home staging expert may be just the thing for you!
Even if you’ve already moved into your new home and don’t plan on selling for years, a professional house stylist sydney expert can help you sell it fast. They know how to get the most out of your space by making it look bigger, cleaner and more inviting than ever before –a which is exactly what buyers want! With these tips in mind, finding an expert shouldn’t be too difficult; just remember to shop around, ask for referrals and look at their portfolios before signing any contracts with them. Finally… set a budget before starting any projects so there won’t be any surprises along the way!